by Thomas Waldmann
See my past talks.
Don't want to repeat so we have more time for
Q&A, discussion, experiences, etc.
Current / past releases
- mostly fixes
minor new features
- EOL - please upgrade to 1.1.x
- first read 1.1.x docs/changes.rst
- incremental repo check (time limit)
- separate "borg compact"
- separate segments for manifests
- prune: show rule that kept archive
- borg create: noatime is the new default
- cleanups / refactorings
- drop python 3.4 (maybe also 3.5)
- pkgconfig to find libs / headers
- wrap msgpack to avoid issues
- bundle known-good msgpack as in 1.1?
- additional fixed blocksize chunker
- AEAD style crypto api
- AES-OCB, chacha20-poly1305
- native windows support (WIP)
"helium", ... milestones:
- bigger crypto changes
We need more contributors!
- developers (Python, Cython, C)
- testers (alpha/beta/rc, reproduce issues)
- docs maintainers (reST / sphinx)
- community supporters (ML / github)
- security reviewers
- crypto architects / planners
- sponsors / donations (via BountySource)
Thanks to Neo U. and Draget for design and getting them manufactured!
Questions, Feedback, ...
So, what questions or feedback
do you have for
the audience and me?
BorgBackup Session 36c3
By Thomas Waldmann