AngularJS London Meetup
Organizer of the London Phonegap meetup
Big fan of Asian culture
Love cheese and baguette
(like every french)
Mobile is cool
Mobile apps are cool
- Ugly interface like a GeoCities page
- Slow like Windows Vista
- Poor features like a PlayStation without gamepad
- Hard to debug like IE 6
What are the reasons ?
- We started Web Mobile development too early
- Old devices have poor webviews
- Vendors didn't provide UI components ready to use
- No complete access to native APIs
And the biggest problem:
Web developers aren't App developers
Website !== App
- The website is online while the app not always
- Blank screens are acceptable only in a browser
- You read a web page but you interact with an app
- Responsive is good only if you don't have budget
Problems with these frameworks
- A desktop legacy (Desktop != Mobile)
- Useless components for mobile
- Many mobile oriented interactions
are not available
- The 300 ms delay is awful
And please, just because your framework is responsive, it doesn't mean your web app is mobile friendly !
But hopefully, we have
Ionic Framework now !
So what is it ?
- UI components ready to use
- Performance is a first-class citizen
- Transitions everywhere !
- Configurable and Stylable
- Side Menu
- Infinite Scroll
- Pull to refresh
- Slide box
- Action Sheet
- Keyboard management
- And many more !
Bunch of Angular factories that bind Cordova. Promise ready of course.
- Push Notification
- And many more !
And what about tablets ?
Well it's still HTML/CSS bro'
It's production ready ?
Despite the fact that the project is in beta, it's a very mature and useable project compared to its competitors.
And the guys behind the code are
They made and
They're kind of badass
Ok but just show me an HTML5 app with millions of users
+ 100 millions of Android users
Ionic Framework - The Master HTML5 Mobile UI library Jedi
By Yacine Rezgui