this month in
- there are 6.2 million developers worldwide working on IoT applications and systems, a 34% increase from the 4.1 million doing so 12 months ago.
The Netherlands creates first national network dedicated to IoT
- More than a Dozen countries have announced plans
- it beat South Korea by only a few days
- LoRaWAN™ is a Low Power Wide Area Network
Bluetooth 5 standard brings range, speed and capacity boost for IoT
- 4x more range and 2x better speed
Chick-fil-A stays cool (and safe) with IoT sensors
- will text message store managers, who will then check out the issue
- track the temperature of walk-in refrigerators and freezers
- Powered by Monnit
- can measure light, temperature, magnetic fields and capacitance, can control Infrared devices, produce any colour light and has a clever tactile switch that turns the Puck into one big button.
New Smart Glove Turns Sign Language Into Text and Speech
- “I had one mission when I started this project and it was to facilitate communication between all kinds of disabilities, eliminating barriers between people who have a visual, hearing or speech impairment. The prototypes each have a new additional feature, an LED light, and a speaker for example, that took me one step closer to my goal”.
IoT developers: Master this coding language if you want to thrive ( Assembly )
Con: It's Assembly
this month in
the end in
this month in things 8-11
By Taron Foxworth