Developer advocate / Data Scientist - support open-source and building the community.
Cheuk Ting Ho
Python Sprint x Man Quant Technology
Open Source Beginner’s Bootcamp
Open Source contribution
Open Source Software?
Open Source Started?
Legend has it all starts with a printer...
Events that leads to the free software movement
- In 1980 - Richard Stallman were refused access to the source code for the software of a newly installed laser printer
- In 1983 - Richard Stallman launched the GNU Project
- In 1989 - the first version of the GNU General Public License was published
WHY we like
Why we like Open Source?
- Allow small companies and personal projects
- Everyone can use that knowledge to advance
- Encourage collaboration
Did you use any open source software? Can you name them?
WHO is involved in
Everyone can participate in open source...
As long as you follow the rules:
- Code of Conduct
You can be:
- Community manager
WHERE can I contriute to
Anywhere you like, but if you want to work together...
- Open Source Hackathon
- Python Sprints - London, Dublin (TBC), Bonn (TBC), start your own
- Private sprints - just invite some friends, simple
HOW can I contriute to
Step into Open Source Contribution - My First PR
Let's work in groups!
Open Source Beginner's Bootcamp
By Cheuk Ting Ho