Going deeper into research and spreading knowledge all around me. I'm mastering my skills as a business logic designer in the blockchain space. Pro #decentralisation #new-forms-of-governance #social-inclusion #science-based-progress #logic-reasoning
source: Thin protocols
source: crypt0snews retweet
How does a DAPP come into existence?
- Take the sourceCode of the smart contract
- Compile the source code into a JSON file
- Extract the contract ABI (Application Binary Interface)
- Extract the byte code
- Instantiate a new contract object
- Deploy the smart contract to the Ethereum blockchain
Deploy a smart contract
Every node on the Ethereum blockchain network has a copy of the smart contract
But the rest
of the world
has no clue!
How to interact with a DAPP?
they are defined once and cannot change, they are set in stone
they are used to check the value of a variable, they cost zero gas, they are free
they are used to modify the value of a variable, therefore they consume gas
source: Ethereum, Gas, Fuel & Fees
As of today, smart contract cannot be upgraded once deployed
Feedback is welcome.
By Laurent Hardy