Remote digital professional
- Completed a diploma at university for interactive design
- Minor knowledge of programming via school (Wordpress-level PHP)
- Self-taught in advanced PHP
- Self-taught in Ruby/Rails
- Self-taught in Node.js
- Self-taught in Linux server admin
- Self-taught in database admin
Who hires people like me?
The Netherlands Organisation
Tire Stewardship of British Columbia
Several Amsterdam-based Software-as-a-service startups
Tech I use
What you should learn...
- Machine learning is nice, but SQL is better. Learn to do SQL properly and you can be a great data nerd.
- Marketing is more important than product. It doesn't matter how you feel about this fact: soak up as much info about landing page design, growth hacking, and early stage validation
How can you learn?
Online courses are a great way to learn:
And for the advanced:
Focus on learning by doing. Make a side project.
What do I do?
By Mike Timofiiv