GMT Tech Talks
August 26, 2019
- Context and History
- Basic Commands
- Stash, Cherrypick, Reset
- Interactive Rebasing
Tech/Software Development Events in Memphis
Context and History
Revision control system written by Linus Torvalds the creator of Linux for Linux Kernel development.
- April 3 2005 - Development of Git began
- April 6 2005 - Torvalds announced the project
- April 7 2005 - Git became self-hosting
- April 18 2005 - First merge of multiple branches
- April 29 2005 - Git benchmarked recording patches to the Linux kernel tree at the rate of 6.7 patches per second.
- June 16 2005 - Git managed the kernel 2.6.12 release.
- July 26 2005 - Torvalds turned over maintenance to Junio Hamano, a major contributor to the project.
See also: https://bit.ly/31RsCQg
Git Hosting Services
Self Hosted Git Server (Boo)
Init, Add, Commit, Branch, Merge
Add Remote, Push, Pull, Clone
STASH, CHERRYPICK, RESET