energy and prosperity
CCO Jacqueline Macou
Happy Holidays from Boston Dynamics
Windmill from https://giphy.com/gifs/film-cinemagraph-windmill-vEkMmPCN7vhyE
energy per capita
power per capita
The emerging middle class in developing countries
Working Paper No. 285 by Home Kharas (2010)
April 2016 Production Distribution in Spain
The pillars of a new revolution?
¿Private fusion energy?
Our analysis indicates that the price of a complete automotive lithium-ion battery pack could fall from $500 to $600 per kilowatt hour (kWh) today to about $200 per kWh by 2020 and to about $160 per kWh by 2025."
By Russell Hensley, John Newman, and Matt Rogers (McKinsey&Company) 2012
GM will be paying $145 per kilowatt-hour for li-ion cells entering 2016, and by the end of 2021, and a forward looking statement says $100 per kwh.
Tesla Model 3 reservations are >400k
And more manufacturers are following:
Smart grids & smarter cities
Internet of Things
“The stone age came to an end not for lack of stones
And the oil age will come to an end not for lack of oil”
— Sheikh Yamani, former Saudi Oil Minister
- Are we really near a tipping point?
- What rate of change can we expect?
- Where will be the most significative impact on society?
- How a more universal access to energy may benefit stalled and struggling countries?
- Which are the biggest limiting factors?
- What are the roles of governments, private companies and society?
Global Female Leaders 2016
By Gonzalo Ruiz de Villa