A software-developing peep.
🛠 Engineering Sync
- Why Engineering Sync?
Why Engineering Sync?
- Learning and collaboration
- Alignment on engineering topics and decisions
- Documentation of our topics and decisions
- Practice for tech/conference talks
- Fun! 🐶
We’ll have roughly two categories:
- Show & tell
- Discussion items
- (Anything else you want to talk about)
Show & tell
- Something you made or discovered
- Something interesting, inspiring, funny/quirky, …
- Loading in-app pages on Android vs. iOS
- Experiments to build a "pure" Kotlin backend with Ktor
- Our new component style guide for iOS
- How I struggled with CSS grid
- Easy dark mode implementation with pure CSS
- My favorite code editor/extensions/shortcuts/…
- New content type or field in Contentful
- Side project showcase
Something to discuss and make a decision about together.
- I found this cool new unit testing framework!
- Picking a new tool for task management
- New time slot for Engineering Sync
- Who wants to join me on the next XYZ conference?
- How to improve our CI server performance?
- Does anyone still need this script or can I delete it?
- Colllect topics on the Engineering Sync page (Notion)
- Add your topics in advance.
- You can also request topics from others!
- Prepare, present and enjoy!
- Sebastian (or another notetaker) will take notes.
- We’ll create action items if someone receives "homework".
Sebastian will nudge you every now and then to present something! 😈
☝️ This is an interactive meeting and process!
Do tell if you want to switch things up.
✌️ Happy syncing!
By Sebastian Herrmann