- Canvas - Bulk Edit Dates
- Accessible Documents
- CidiLabs - Canvas Design Tools
One Drive - Sharing Files
- Access Your Files
- Creating a Shared File
- Canvas - Bulk Date Change (alt)
Canvas & CidiLabs
Bulk Editing Dates
Creating Accessible Documents with Mathematical Notation
While using MathType to create MathML is a “giant leap” in accessibility, it does not satisfy all of the goals to create accessible math. A better way to deliver accessible math is through web pages as stated by W3C. https://www.w3.org/Math/.
The MSU “Enhancing the Accessibility of Mathematics and Symbolic Content” project is currently developing a tool to easily embed MathML in online XHTML documents and web pages. This is the ultimate and universal design way to experience math with many potential learning enhancements. http://www.msumathonline.com/.
Tutorial prepared by MSU Resource Center for Persons with Disabilities (RCPD).
Canvas Design Tool
- Edit a "Page" in Canvas
One Drive Groups
a way to share files
\\filesc1 or \\iisinstruction
- Click Math Faculty
- (First time only) Install the plugin
(see video below)
- Once connected, your computer will act as if it is at Sierra College, and you can access your files just as on the previous slide
- Go to OneDrive
- Create a new Word File
- Create a table
- Share with colleagues
Canvas Bulk Date Change
Alternative to CidiLabs approach, using Google Sheets
Get a Canvas Access Token
In Google Drive
- Copy the Course Dates Spreadsheet
- In the spreadsheet, File -> Spreadsheet Settings
Set the correct timezone
- Go to "Canvas" menu in spreadsheet
- Choose "Configure API Settings"
- Enter "sierra.instructure.com" for hostname
- Enter your Access Token from previous slide
- Go to "Canvas -> Specify Course"
- Change dates
- Go to "Canvas->Save Dates"
Math Tech - Spring 2020 Flex