Better UX through blockchain bridging
Mick de Graaf, Liam Zebedee
- Blockchain and full-stack software engineer
- Working with blockchains since 2015
- Writer and creator of blockchain tech (ZKDAO)
- First non-finance blockchain product in Australia, on Bitcoin
- Worked with Port of Rotterdam as senior engineer, where I met Mick
What sucks about mainnet?
- Transaction fees
Storing lots of data
- Moving lots of data
- Various other constraints of public chains
- Privacy (in proprietary/business settings)
But mainet is also great.
What is the alternative?
- not ready till Q3
- requires stake/approval (not for MVP's)
- IBC not ready till Q3
- "WTF are predicates."
- Trusted validator set
- No bridging to mainnet.
- None of these are ready
We'll launch our own blockchain!
But wait, take this...
The bridge between chains.
Ethereum Mainnet, Kovan, Rinkeby, Polkadot, Cosmos...
Berse: how it works
- Contracts emit events (as usual)
- You write your contracts, deploy them to two chains
- Your own chain
- Using Berse's API's, you can verify the events of one contract on the other chain
- Cross-chain relayer of events
- Simple one-liner Solidity API:
- EventListener.checkEvent(fromChain, proof)
- Merkle proofs to verify events on other chains
- Tunable security parameters around finality/delay
By Liam Zebedee