Loop is a boutique consultancy that specialises in climate and environmental risk management. We are passionate about what we do. We like to work collaboratively and innovatively. Contact email@example.com to find out more.
Local Government Adaptation
This workshop will focus on adaptation
Adaptation: action to reduce vulnerability to impacts we are already committed to
managing the unavoidable
Mitigation: reduction in greenhouse gas emissions to avoid future impact
avoiding the unmanageable
The second Victorian Government Adaptation Plan will be delivered by the end of the year.
The State Government is committed to working with local governments to make Victoria a leader in adaptation.
Because you play a vital role in your council (environment, planning assets and infrastructure) and we want to understand how best to support the link between your role and climate change adaptation.
These workshops will be facilitated by:
Your feedback in the workshop process will be collated and sent back to you within a fortnight.
A summary paper will be produced for your review.
DELWP regional officers promise to:
- engage in the spirit of honesty and openness
- give and receive feedback in good faith
- interrogate the outputs of the workshops in a meaningful way.
All activity throughout the workshops and resulting outputs will be undertaken with the following principles in mind.
- Collaboration and Teamwork
- Positive Action and Ownership
(you will have opportunity to influence these on the day)
- Discuss the adaptation plan and what it needs to deliver for local government
- Acknowledge the work that has been undertaken by local governments
- Strengthen the relationship between local and State governments to undertake collaborative adaptation planning and address the MOU
10:00 - Coffee and tea arrival
10:10 - Introductions + Icebreakers
- Agenda, Principles and Expectations
10:50 - Adaptation plan and local government engagement presentation
11:30 - Morning Tea
11:50 - Facilitated discussion/response to presentation
1:30 - Reflections
So....what you can do before the workshop
...apart from looking at this pretty sunset
Number 1 Priority: Read the Adaptation Plan discussion paper for Local Government (to be circulated prior to workshop)
Talk to the relevant people in your organisation - Environment, Planning, Infrastructure and Assets - and make sure they have RSVPd to attend.
- Yes! We do want more than one representative from each council to attend
Consider what you would like to get out of the workshop and what you expect from a relationship with State Government managing climate risk.
If you have any questions prior to the workshop, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Grampians Local Government Re-engagement
By Loop and Company