Loop is a boutique consultancy that specialises in climate and environmental risk management. We are passionate about what we do. We like to work collaboratively and innovatively. Contact email@example.com to find out more.
The second stage of the Coastal Risk Assessment
The risk analysis is a process to:
- understand the nature of the risk
- determine level of risk exposure
We will not evaluate the acceptability of the risks
Risk analysis is done using:
- Consequence table - Provides detail about the different types of consequences and the levels of consequences that are insignificant or critical.
- Likelihood table - Gives guidance on how to rate the probability of a risk occurring.
- Risk matrix - Outlines the risk rating based on the consequence and likelihood ratings.
The analysis will take into account the current actions that manage the risk.
- Manage boat harbours
- Renourish beaches
- Place and maintain signs and fencing
- Monitor and repair coastal assets
- Maintain beach access
- Undertake emergency mgt activities - before, during and after
- Run community development programs
- Work with community groups
- Design, construct, inspect and maintain assets
- Control weeds
- Work with private landholders to improve native veg
To rate risks, think about:
- What are the potential damages or adverse effects?
- How ubiquitous or pervasive would the damage be?
- How long lasting would the damage be?
- Can the damage be reversed?
- How clearly can cause-effect relationships be established?
See you at the workshop!
Risk analysis - stage 2 coastal risk assessment
By Loop and Company