Marie is a Test Automation Engineer and also a tech blogger at mariedrake.com where she talks about testing and test automation in general.
Testing iframes with Cypress
Cypress lunch and learn recap
- Cypress functional testing ✅
- Cypress API testing ✅
- Cypress Visual testing with Applitools ✅
Remember the limitations?
Are there limitations?
- No support for multiple tabs.
- No support for visiting more than 1 domain.
- Iframe support limited
But.. workarounds are documented here.
What are iframes?
Cypress' limitations with iframes
- Cypress can't access iframes directly
- No built-in command to switch to iframes
- IFrames snapshots not shown on Cypress Test Runner
Does that mean we can't automate iframes with Cypress?
No! It will need extra custom code though..
Let's start coding!
Iframe Demo App
What we did
- Used jQuery property "0.contentDocument.body"
- Created a custom command to switch to the iframe
- Introduced cy.wrap
- Used cypress-iframe plugin
- Disabled chromeWebSecurity to test cross domains
Testing Iframes with Cypress
By Marie Drake