DuPage County Parcel Search Website
A case study for the Web AppBuilder Developer Edition
Ken Doman - Bruce Harris and Associates
Case Study: DuPage County, IL
- Has a well established GIS Department.
- Has multiple Flash-based GIS web applications.
- Most had a core set of GIS tools in common.
- Some custom functionality in each website.
- Needed an economical approach for replacing older sites with responsive, mobile friendly GIS websites.
Solution: Web AppBuilder Developer Edition
- DuPage County approached Bruce Harris and Associates about developing custom Web AppBuilder widgets on an as-needed basis.
- Widgets would be configurable and reuseable.
- Widgets would perform functions found in existing flash-based website.
Widgets Developed by BHA
- Feature Search
- Intersection Search
- Historical Aerial Slider
- Google Street View
- Pictometry Integration
Dupage County's First Web AppBuilder Developer Website:
Parcel ID and Address
Multiple Search criteria
Point, line, polygon
Draws buffer around different selections
Configurable and templateable HTML links
export search results to .csv, .txt, .xls, and .xlsx
- Search Intersections
- Search by one street or two
- Zoom to locations on the map
- Assign multiple Aerial Photo layers
- Drag slider to transition between layers
- Let user switch back to base map when done.
- Click on the map to show Street View Location
- Click on the map to show Pictometry imagery
- Change view of Pictometry through widget window
- Pan around the GIS map can change Pictometry View
Web App Builder Developer Edition
By Ken Doman