should Webpack pack from remote resource?
... building box for us to share code
how does box manage dependencies?
parse all import statements
maintain a box.json
first of all, it's not a Webpack loader
webpack building blocks
it's a Webpack resolver
resolvers handle where to find files
An aged discussion
In short: it's not a Webpack job
- takes in a bundle that dynamically resolves to some code
- resolution of that bundle remains static
Module federation & code sharing between bundles
What we can do now?
demo & explain
- build packages that fetch remote sources
- same hash means same code -> really easy caching
- what does it imply for HMR?
- how to load those bundles?
what does it imply if webpack and pack from remote source
By Wei Gao