The Ailment of
Part 3: Messianic Tzaraat
|The Person||Increasing good, Decreasing bad
Once perfection achieved
|His high levels become physically visible on his skin||Others are exposed to his high levels.
And either reject or embrace
|The World||Working toward spiritual perfection of the world, throughout history.
Not so visible (“inside”).
|Messianic Tzaraat becomes physically visible in the world.
Through Moshiach & his generation
|The world (“outside”) is exposed to Messianic Tzaraat.
They either reject or embrace.
from Part 2
So why would Messianic Tzaraat be rejected?
- Well, why was the Metzora rejected by the community?
- They couldn’t grasp his high levels.
- There was a gap.
There’s a Gap
- And at the end of days:
- We have the impending Messianic Tzaraat on the one hand (inside),
- The world as we see it on the other (outside),
- And a gap in between…
Concerning the Messianic Era
Messianic revelations ready for sharing…
What are you on about?
Concerning the condition of the World
How it is Inside
Cleaned up of all evils
What you see Outside
Deep Evil amassed for all to see
- Why this big gap?
- Because we reside on the “outside”.
- So we see the exact opposite of Messianic Times (Deep Evil).
- And anyway, what is this Messianic Age that’s coming up?
- What does the “inside” looks like?
- We have no insight.
will we welcome Moshiach and his Tzaraat,
and what’s more – with excitement??
Need to close the gap.
- The remedy of the Metzora was Torah.
- Because it’s the only medium by which
The highest (= most foreign) spiritual concepts,
Can be expressed in worldly terms and “move” even a truck driver from Pennsylvania.
Moshiach will also need to use Torah
to cure Messianic Tzaraat.
Torah About Moshiach
- Moshiach will need to do a lot of explaining:
- Torah teachings to bring the lofty Messianic Tzaraat within reach of the lowest common denominator.
- Dress it in the worldly contexts that we know.
- So we can relate to it and embrace.
- And not reject and estrange.
Humility of Moshiach
- The Metzora was well versed in Torah.
- His problem was lack of humility.
- Although Moshiach will be so great –
- As alluded in his “riding with the clouds of Heaven” –
- True greatness is coupled with humility
- And the greater – the more humble.
- Indeed, Moshiach will also need to be “a pauper riding on a donkey” –
- A reference to his humility.
- It’s hard to explain a foreign concept without some visual aid.
- True we can’t see the Messianic theme that’s been woven under the surface,
- But we can see the skin –
- The pre-Moshiach generation.
- And when this skin starts changing,
- In a loud, acute, and unheard-of fashion,
- That’s Messianic Tzaraat being expressed on it.
- The Messianic Times are no longer just abstract, futuristic, fairy-tale theory.
- Torah scholars generally have a lot on their shoulders.
- And when it comes to Messianic Tzaraat
- And its cure (Torah-about-Moshiach) –
- Torah scholars are also responsible.
- Not only Moshiach.
- Hence Messianic Tzaraat is reflected on them
- Through some of the Unpleasant Signs
Learning is a 2 Way Process
- Moshiach and the scholars are accountable for Messianic Tzaraat –
- To purify it.
- But are we going to sit and watch?
- Closing the gap is not a one-way street.
- We can start putting 2 and 2 together.
- Lucky Tzaraat is not a terminal illness.
- The Metzora can become pure.
- He has a remedy! (Torah)
- Those Unpleasant (impure) Signs of Moshiach
- Can also be transformed into good (pure).
- There’s a remedy (Torah about Moshiach).
How Does it Look Now?
- The Torah about Moshiach
- Coupled with humility
- Will heal the gap
- And enable the flow of the impending Messianic energy into the world.
- The impure Tzaraat (Gola) will be purified (Geula).
|Person (Part 1)||World (Part 2/3)|
|What is Tzaraat?||An unnatural disease that comes to the person||Unnatural maladies that come to the world|
|When is it applicable?||When the person reaches completeness
||When the job of spiritualising the world has been completed.|
|Why does it come?||Expressing his lofty state to people in the other extreme – big gap
||Expression of the lofty Messianic levels to the masses. A huge gap.|
|Where expressed?||In the skin – the outer, visible parts are infected with extreme impurity
||In the last generations of Gola (the skin of the entire working history)
|The remedy:||Torah teaching & humility
||Torah teaching & humility about Moshiach
there’s actually two types of Tzaraat...
The one we've seen until now,
When the whole body turns white…
Tzaraat Part 3 - Purifying Messianic Tzaraat
By Itamar Hatzvi