The Ailment of
Part 2: How Tzaraat Applies to Moshiach
Summary from Part 1
|Tzaraat – Literal Sense||Tzaraat – Deeper Sense|
|Not since Biblical Times||Because very high levels required|
|Negative speech is the cause||Because he is too high - problems with expression|
|On the skin||Only external (inside – all good). What people see.|
|Bright white spots||White is good but too bright – problematic (dazzles)|
|Very impure||He has immense energy – can do a lot of damage if not conveyed appropriately|
|Expelled from the Community||Because too high – doesn't belong in amongst others|
|The Torah (= process) of purification||Torah will enable the purification|
|Purification through cedar-wood and hyssop||Metzora to remain a cedar but adopt the humility of hyssop|
|Not all Tzaraat instances are impure||Tzaraat is really a good thing. Just needs to be in a pure form.|
So what's Tzaraat got to do with Moshiach?
Moshiach will be a Metzora.
You guessed it.
What’s changing at the End of Days
to bring Tzaraat from ancient times
back into play?
- Think bigger.
- True, it’s been less and less likely to find people who would meet the Tzaraat criteria.
- But the journey of the world is heading right toward a state of Tzaraat…
The hefty criteria of Tzaraat are:
- Perfection (in the realm of Good)
- No mixture of bad inside (in the realm of Evil)
from Part 1
- Each generation accomplished one piece of the puzzle –
- The puzzle of a perfect world.
- So by the time Moshiach comes the puzzle would be virtually complete.
- Perfection in a global/historical sense.
- The world will have fulfilled the 1st criterion of Tzaraat.
How Would We Know?
- How can you tell the world is nearing the age of perfection?
- Just look for the Positive Signs of Moshiach.
These signs will be illustrated on AboutMoshiach.com in due course, G-d willing.
No Bad Within the World
- Throughout the ages, Evils have been surfacing
- And getting cleansed.
- By the time we get to the end,
- The world is all good –
- At least under the surface.
- Hence the world will have fulfilled this 2nd Tzaraat criterion also.
How Would We Know?
- How can you tell all evils have been cleansed?
- When you see Deep Evil celebrating.
Refer to the Deep Evil slides for more details.
Tzaraat Comes to the World
- So before the Coming of Moshiach,
- The world will fulfill the Tzaraat criteria
- (1) perfection and (2) no evils inside.
That calls for Tzaraat…
What sort of "Tzaraat" can the World experience?
- Like the Metzora who is much higher than the community –
- The Messianic Times will involve great spiritual revelations,
- Above and beyond what the world could normally handle.
- That’s the “Tzaraat” the world will face with the Coming of Moshiach.
How will this Messianic Tzaraat be expressed in the World?
Two Extreme Reactions
- Like the Metzora can either be very welcomed or distanced by the community –
- Messianic Tzaraat could either kindle and captivate the world,
- Or the world can reject and repel it.
Pure Messianic Tzaraat
- If the Messianic Tzaraat will be welcomed by the world,
- The Messianic Age will then commence.
- That’s like the pure form of Tzaraat.
- A positive wow.
- We hope and pray for this…
- And it will ultimately be achieved.
Impure Messianic Tzaraat
- However if Messianic Tzaraat is rejected –
- The onset of the Messianic Age gets delayed.
- In the meantime we have extreme impurity –
- Like the impure form of Tzaraat.
- A negative wow (Oy Vey).
The Effects of Impure Tzaraat
- There are many problems before Moshiach comes…
- The birth pangs of Moshiach.
- But if the solution to these problems is rejected –
- The problems are exacerbated…
Moshiach – A "Metzora"
- Bringing Messianic Tzaraat into the world is Moshiach’s job.
- Hence he is labelled as a “Metzora”.
- Intrinsically –
- Because even though initially it may be in the impure form,
- Ultimately it’ll be in the pure form.
- Either way, Messianic Tzaraat is what he’s about.
|The Person||Increasing good, decreasing bad.
Once perfection achieved:
|His high levels become physically visible on his skin (=Tzaraat)||Others are exposed to his high levels and either reject or embrace.|
|The World||Working toward spiritual perfection of the world throughout history.
Not so visible (as "inside").
|Messianic Tzaraat becomes physically visible in the World through Moshiach and his generation.||The world ("outside") is exposed to Messianic Tzaraat and either reject or embrace.|
Now why would Messianic Tzaraat be rejected?
Tzaraat Part 2 - how it applies to Moshiach
By Itamar Hatzvi