LAST 2 VERSIONS!
Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari,
Mobile Safari, Android Browser
Except when requested by the client or when supported by analytics!
- Higher quality, more performant, and bug-free code
- Find and fix security issues
- Share knowledge
- Familiarity with the site's code
Handbook is the standard baseline for all of our code
Everyone can contribute to the handbook if/when things change or new points are decided upon
- Everyone can contribute to the handbook if/when things change or new points are decided upon
Reviewer: Constructive, helpful criticism only
- Ask questions rather than make statements. A less-optimal decision is often made due to time constraints.
Give kudos to GOOD code!
- Reviewee: Take criticism well, provide counter-arguments when appropriate
Prepare code for review
- Write clear, concise code
- Comment code thoroughly
- Reviewers will focus on their strengths
- Reviewers can watch other reviewers’ issues to learn
How we fix
FYI: Nice-to-know tips that don’t warrant a rewrite but should be implemented in future projects
Low Priority: Should fix, whenever time permits in a future round of revisions
Medium Priority: Needs to fix, as soon as possible
High Priority: Must fix, now!
- Reviewer does not implement fixes, only the
- What you should stop doing, and why
- What you should start doing, and why
- Make a list of issues so you can remember
and watch for recurrance
Dev Meeting 4/6/2016
By Adam Walter