Kids World Film Festival
being media literate
The average adult consumes more than 10 hours of media each day.
What is a story?
- A message (or narrative) that tells about something that happened.
- In can be presented in writing, in video, through sound, performed, or a combination.
- It can be based on facts or fictional.
What can a story do?
- and/or Relate
What are media?
- Plural of medium
- An agency or means of doing something
- The main means of mass communication, regarded collectively
What is mass communication?
Sending information to lots of people at once
What are the different types of media?
- Video Games
- Music Videos
- Public Service Announcements (PSAs)
- Graffiti / Street Art
What is the purpose of media?
- What is the Purpose?
- Who is the Audience?
- Who is the Creator?
- What is the Message?
- What techniques are used to Attract the audience?
- What is Not there? What is being left out?
- Not There?
What is a media sponsor?
A company, organization or government institution that pays for a media product - such as an advertisement, PSA or media program such as a movie or documentary.
Media sponsors try to reach a target audience
A specific group of people that a media sponsor wants to reach. The specific group of people usually share some particular characteristics, such as age, gender, educational level, affiliation, interests, values, etc.
What are some recent pieces of media you have seen?
What are some media companies in the DC region?
By Andrew Ambrogi