- Style guides 📚💅
- Editor tooling ⚒️
- Keyboards ⌨️
- ASCII art
- Side projects
What made me think about OS'ing my projects
Why open source it?
- Open source by default
- It's a great way to give back
- Build your portfolio
My experience open sourcing projects
Open sourcing projects is
- A rewarding challenge
What do I like/dislike about supporing an OS project?
Suggestions for getting involved in OS
A few tips
- Github's "Explore" tab
- Contribute to projects you already use
- Use your WCGB hours
For your own projects
- Just start your project on open source
- Market your project
- Have fun
What are some of the benefits that you get from Open Contribution as a team?
- Near instant value add to projects
- Visibility into features without having to know the entire project code base
- Cross-segment discoverability
- Code re-use
Where do you think we can get better at Open Contribution? What are some opportunities?
By Blake A Dietz