Presenters & Supporters
Who am I?
I'm new here!
So much process to learn
So many tools
So much data and feedback
So many stakeholders
So many "important" people
So impactful on every Racker life
So critical to our culture and mission
So necessary for our success
So hard to fill those shoes!!!
(but so is every member of our audience)
I am here to...
- Ensure the telling of our tale to one and all
- Unify that experience for our global audience
- Improve, enhance and update the execution
- Prevent any crisis that damages the experience
- Support each of you as you deliver your component
But none of it occurs without the help of...
- Leslie Zavala
- Gabriel Medina
- Taylor Perez
- Allison Sumner
- ...and more!!
- Pratik Kotecha
- Emma Ryan
Why are you here?
- Meet the Community that Delivers Rookie Orientation
- Unify commitment to delivering World Class Experiences
- Unveil the behind the scenes work that each of you do
- ...so I can understand, support and enhance those efforts
- ...so we can learn great habits from each other
- ...so that we can scale, grow, enhance, & repeat this easily
- ...so that we have unified experiences for every hire
- ...so we can form a collaborative community
As I understand it...
- Calendar Invites sent (audit who receives these for yours)
- Speaker and supporters are ONLY Rackers accepting
- Content Owner uploads deck to BOX folder (before day of)
- Speaker/crew show up and deliver (a few minutes early)
- Rookies provide feedback via text platform (hopefully)
- Speaker/crew review feedback via link included in invite
- Enhance and await next month to come back stronger!
Telling Your Tale
Start With Your Introduction
- What is your name?
- What, exactly, would you say you do here?
- What are you here to talk about?
- What organization are you from?
- What, exactly, would you say they do here?
- What does that org chart look like?
...but save all that contact information for the end!
SET YOURSELF AND YOUR TOPIC IN PLAIN SIGHT
Deliver the Meat
- Three concepts for your topic to drive on
- What is it, what does it do, how does it work?
- What is the mission, how do we win, what is my role?
- What in the heck? That is a thing? How do I learn more?
FINAL SLIDE & IMPRESSION
- Hunt Group
- Email Contact
- Escalation Paths
- Documentation Link
ASK: Add your text based feedback
code to this final slide so you can
TEAR IT UP!!!
"What we all want is to use recycled slides and images in our presentations, no matter how many times our particular audience has seen them."
- Graham Weston
Head Coach, San Antonio Spurs
The Repeat Offenders
- Magic Quadrant
- Managed v Unmanaged
- Graham's Quote
- "...to be recognized as the World's..."
- AND MANY MORE!!!
ProTip # 1
Have multiple intro slides for each presenter in your bench so no edits need to be made for a simple name/title change. We can
Break up all the talking with ANYTHING else. Embed a game, ask trivia for knowledge uptake, design a game and relate it your message, take questions in the middle, etc...
Pichler Open Book
- Pictures... but very few words
- Analogies bring it home for all
- Relate your world to everyone
Lifelines and Feedback Channels
How To Reach Me
- Desk Visit
- Text Me
- Vidyo Chat
- Come Over
- Email Me
Rookie Feedback For You
Each Rookie O Presentation contains a link to receive your three pieces of potentially gathered feedback.
- NPS Style Rating
- What did they like?
- What could you improve?
Email me with issues
Check your links each month
Implement feedback for next session
- WOOKIE O!!!
- Open Door Policy
- Tested streaming
- Vets list comms
- Agenda honed
- Registration Table
- Vets + SAFun Comms
- "The Fin" Presentations
- Vets +SAFun + Remote Comms
- Record Breaking WH class
- Desk Item Centerpieces
- Recording Stream (?!?!)
- Y-Jack Prizes
- Swear Jar (?)
OPEN DIALOGUE TIME
- Racker -