Welcome to Frameworkless.js
Who is the course for? | How long will it take? | Other stuff...
What are we going to Learn?
Email future you, today...
...aka schedule an email to yourself in the future to remind you about something.
- Build your product idea – fast & lean™
- Get framework learning out of your critical path
- End up with a solid starter project you can reference or adapt to any other idea you want
We will build a real product together:
Well then, let's jump right in...
Don't have Node.js installed? Get it through Node Version Manager (nvm):
The simplest Node.js app ever...
...and this course is over, thanks for watching!
Joking, obviously 😉
Auto-restart on changes
More about Nodemon:
More about Dotenv:
Let's do something useful though...
Documentation for Node's standard HTTP library:
Time to reflect on your work
You did awesome! 👌😘
HTTP server in only a couple lines of code!
We'll call it...responder...I guess
New files...new files everywhere
- Move HTTP server to a new file, initialisers/http.js
- Create a public folder to serve static files from
- Create a lib/responder.js library we will utilise to serve various types of content (but for now just static files)
- Create a config/constants.js file to store customisable pieces in a central place
And now we touch the file system
Building in the responder
Mimes! No, not the performers...
More about mime-types:
Well done, you made it! 👏👏👏
See you next time where we look at Dynamic content and templating.
Please don't hesitate to contact me or leave feedback on the course:
See today's code: https://github.com/frameworkless-js/remind.ist/tree/stage/1
See today's lesson running live: https://part1.remind.ist
frameworkless.js -> Part 1
By Mike Timofiiv