- Business major, CS minor (2012)
- Classes with Dan:
- Freshman Spring: CS3
- Junior Fall: CS9G? (Python)
- Dan: "CS minor?"
- Me: "probably not 😕"
- Senior Fall: CS61C
- Me: "ok CS minor"
First job: software eng at big data company
- Manager: "do you want to learn D3.js?"
Data visualization freelancer
(I build highly interactive data visualizations for the web)
Not mind-blowing advice
- Workforce and imposter syndrom: it's going to be ok.
- Career: do what you enjoy (and can obsess over), not what makes you the most money*.
- Integrity and sincerity.
*but make sure it pays you enough to live off of.
Berkeley CS10 Alumni Panel
By Shirley Wu