ASL CRASH COURSE
- Use you right hand
- Expressions are VERY important
- There's a space for signing
- Deaf people are not disabled!
- Avoid using hearing impaired!
- Deaf culture is a linguistic cultural minority
- Members of the deaf community receive name signs (don't give one to yourself!)
- Learn to fingerspell your name
- ASL is not a universal language but it's the one used in the US
- Think in glosses: ie. "I used to be a teacher" === "Before Myself Teacher"
1.- Subject- Verb - Object
- I like apples
- I LIKE APPLES
2.- Object- Subject - Verb
- My cat loves purple pants
- PURPLE PANTS, MY CAT LOVE
Time in Space
Behind you: Past
Directly in front of you: Present
Far in front of you: Future
ROCK YOUR ABC'S!
CAN YOU SPELL
LET'S TRY NUMBERS!!
By Super Diana