- Yauhen Zenko
- Tech Lead (PHP) @ We Are You (Den Bosch, Amsterdam, Sofia, Melbourne)
- Drupal User Group Belarus, DrupalCamp Belarus
- Drupal 5-8
- Football, books, music, rock!
- Socials: @zeuty
- Linkedin: yzenko
Before we start
- Heartbeat: predictable releases
2. Out-of-the box
3. Awesome functionalities in the core: media, JSON:API, layout builder and much more to come
4. A lot of changes in marketing and positioning of Drupal as a product
is for building ambitious digital experiences
Any problems or concerns?
3. DA or Local DAs?
4. Local community!
1. Individual contributors?
Keep existing community members connected, promote Drupal to (and engage into Drupal) other developers, non-developers and students, thus, ensuring long-term sustainability of the product.
1. Knowledge sharing and problem solving
2. Encouraging & support
3. Create professional network
4. Voice in Global Drupal community
5. You name it...
- Self identity
- Be inspired
- Make a decision!
- Find fellow
- Find mentor
- Find funding
- Find your first speakers
- Announce your event well in advance and reach as many people as possible
- Make the event happen
- And make it awesome!
- Reward people for their efforts
- Gather feedback and be open
- Be consistent
- Enjoy connecting people and changing their lives to the better
- Dream big
- Meetups in 4+ cities
- Different formats: cafe, breakfast, regular meetups, quizes, etc.
- Drupal Camp Kyiv - 400+ people
- Drupal is doing good "technically"
- We have some problems
- Try doing community "right"
- Start today!
- Free hugs
DrupalCamp Pannonia - Moving Drupal Forward (English)
By Yauhen Zenko