- Yauhen Zenko
- Co-founder @ Solvy (Netherlands)
- Drupal User Group Belarus, DrupalCamp Belarus, Frontend United (cancelled)
- Drupal 5-9
- Football, books, music, rock!
- Socials: @zeuty
- Heartbeat: predictable releases
2. Out-of-the box
3. Awesome functionalities in the core: media, JSON:API, layout builder, new Olivero theme and much more to come: autoupdates, decoupled-related initiatives
4. A lot of changes in marketing and positioning of Drupal as a product
is for building ambitious digital experiences
Any problems or concerns?
Quotes from Drupal Assoc Leads slack
Our biggest challenge is engaging and growing the community
Totally agree, we have the same challenge in ***. We have the amount of people on community events declined from 75+ to 45
People are working with Drupal, but are not joining community events
Start with a definition!
Local communities were focusing on Drupal,
best practices of Drupal,
new possibilities of Drupal, promoting Drupal ...
We try to help people with the problems they have
We talk to them
We ask them about their feelings
Nobody will tell:
What 2020 brings us?
A new survey, from FlexJobs and Mental Health America (MHA) taken late last month reported that 75% of workers have experienced burnout, and 40% of those polled said it was a direct result of the coronavirus pandemic.
A data trove of 1.75 million employee-engagement surveys this year by LinkedIn’s Glint Platform provides some powerful clues: burnout signs have risen 33% in 2020
We know what we feel
We can talk
We need to change the paradigm:
Local Drupal community should be focused
not on Drupal,
but on people who do (or want to do) Drupal
Should be an adaptive system, which quickly reacts on the actual challenges and problems of its members
1. Knowledge sharing and problem solving
2. Encouraging & support
3. Creating professional network
4. Having a voice in Global Drupal community
5. You name it...
- Self identity
- Be inspired
- Make a decision!
- Find fellow
- Find mentor
- Find funding
- Find your first speakers
- Announce your event well in advance and reach as many people as possible
- Make the event happen
- And make it awesome!
- Reward people for their efforts
- Gather feedback and be open
- Be consistent
- Enjoy connecting people
- Changing their lives to the better
- And dream big!
- Meetups in 4+ cities
- Different formats: cafe, breakfast, regular meetups, quizes, etc.
- Drupal Camp Kyiv - 400+ people
- Drupal is doing good "technically"
- We have some problems
- Transform your community
- Focus on people
- Start today!
- Free hugs
DrupalCon Europe 2020 - Moving Drupal Forward (English)
By Yauhen Zenko