hi, i'm hannes
- working with Vue.js for 1.5 years
- currently in a team working on a product
not for endusers
to support clients managaing products/customers
by providing interface
special actions for daily tasks
design requirements: none
no client CI or design
use components framework
i.e. bootstrap, buefy (bulma + vue), ...
what is material design?
... is a design system – backed by open-source code – that helps teams build digital experiences
it's from google
in the real world
By using it, you of course get a decent design that works technically quite well. But you don’t get a personal experience that lasts or even targets people on a personal level.
what is vuetify?
... is a semantic component framework for Vue. It aims to provide clean, semantic and reusable components that make building your application a breeze
go through docs and show things
- vuetify was started in 2016 by John Leider @zeroskillz
- after serveral alpha/betas by now has reached version 1.3.9
- is quite popular AKA look at all ze stats!!!
- 186 patrons on patreon
- 8 paying 100-500 usd per month
- 3 core devs (excluding John)
- looks good without writing any css
- so js only devs can use it :P
- basic default functionalities are build in
- i.e. pagination, sorting, dialogs, ...
- awesome documentation
- great structure
- code examples
- modify more than just the theme/colors
(it might get tricky and may break updating)
- some popular components still missing
(i.e. btn group, upload)
the future (2.0)
new components, i.e.
- Sparkline charts
- File upload
morrrrr future (2.0)
- full RTL support
- weekly patches
- reduce component fragmentation
- stylus -> SCSS
- vuex modules for notifications