University of Arizona
ArcGIS Desktop Download Guide
Step 1 - System Reqs
- Checking the system requirements:
- Click on “Check your computer’s ability to run ArcMap” and follow the instructions to verify.
Step 2 - Download Page
Visit the Esri software page at the UofA Software License site:
Step 3 - Executable
- Click the installer link for the 10.5.1 version of ArcGIS Desktop (arcgis_desktop_1051.exe) on the ESRI Download page
When the download finishes, open the .exe file and follow the download wizard to install the software on your computer.
Step 4 - License File
- Click the license file link for the 10.5.1 version of ArcGIS Desktop (arcgisdesktopadvanced_singleuse_1051.prvc) on the ESRI Download page:
Step 5 - Authorize
- Open the .prvc file to launch the Software Authorization Wizard.
Choose the third option on the Authorization Options and click next:
- Authorize using the Internet on the Authorization Methods page and click next:
Step 6 (cont)
Accept the default on the Authorization Information screen and click next.
Choose answers for the three questions on the Authorization information (continued) screen and click next:
Click next on the Software Authorization Number screen.
Step 6 (cont)
- Choose the second option on the Authorize Software Extensions screen and click next:
- Click next on the Evaluate Software Extensions screen.
- Allow the software to authorize and click finish when complete.
Copy of ArcGIS Desktop Download Guide
By Kiriann Carini