Introduction to advertising design
What is it?
promotion of a company, product or service
Company: P&G http://bit.ly/1dpaLj4
Product: Beats http://bit.ly/1xczXpN
Service: All State http://bit.ly/1hPGvAw
What is it?
USE Image & Copy to communicate to your audience.
Copy is important in advertising. Very important. Get used to copywriting.
- Define the market
- Assess the competition
- Determine the target audience
- Set goals and budget
- Determine the media language
- Create the message
Define the market
- What market does your product and service fall into?
- There may be "several" categories
- You need to be specific to the product, not the brand
- Example: Nike Basketball sneakers. What market would these fall into?
ASSESS THE COMPETITON
- Who are your competitors?
- How are they advertising?
- How does your product differ from them?
- What are they doing right?
- What are they doing wrong?
SET GOALS AND BUDGET
- Usually work with client to determine the goals and budget
- What is a measurement of success?
- Increased sales, more awareness about the company, product?
- Budget will be set by the client but needs to be kept in mind as your brainstorming
DETERMINE THE TARGET AUDIENCE
- Who are you advertising to?
- How will that effect the strategy and design?
- Gather as much information about your target audience
- Develop personas
DETERMINE THE MEDIA LANGUAGE
Ready, set, go!
How it used to be
How it is now
Consistency is key
Who does what?
Inro to advertsing