Why is Social Media so important?
Why do I have to incorporate it into a branding project?
Why do we have to learn about it?
courtesy of http://www.go-gulf.com/blog/social-media-advertising/
- Allows for 2 way conversation
- Based on one of the most effective ways of advertising - Word of Mouth
- Communication is targeted and personalized
- A channel to help content "go viral"
All content posted on Social Media sites should be related to the brand.
- Measured by "Likes", "Shares"
- A way to engage users in the brand. Keep them updated and informed
- Contests are often used as a way to gain "brand awareness" about new products or services (like gate and share gates)
- As a moderator, you should have the always keep the customers best interests in mind. Be polite and have manners.
- Chapstick: What not to do.
- What to do: Bonefish Grill
- Keep content short
- Award some type of incentive for sharing
- Types include: voting, entry, couponing
- Can be in the facebook environment or on a website
- Measured by "re-tweets" and followers
- Can use the hashtag to see how many people are retweeting
- A way to keep users up to date in real time. Think of it as a broadcast
- Apps/Contests are often use to engage users
- Utilize twitters capabilities- photos, video (through vine) or the character limit
- Keep sign up forms short
- Platforms include Q&A, Photo contests, Retweet/Follow Sweeps, or Creative Answer
- Can't run contests in the Twitter environment
- Measured by followers/shares & embeds
- Engage the user by digital shorts, tutorials, reviews, recaps, and creative videos
- Video contests, secondary commercials & broadcasts are often used to engage the user.
- Contests involve uploading a user generated video
- Chipotle Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUtnas5ScSE
- Mostly a female demographic
- Measured by followers/re-pins
- Used to post images and ideas that reflect the brands philosophy and engage the user
- Contests are often repin to win!