"A viral reaction to an image/video/blog post can occur, but the content cannot be viral through its very nature"
Research by Berger and Milkman
- Positive content is more viral than negative content
- The key to social sharing is the level of emotion of the viewer/reader
- Positive content that inspires surprise, amusement and awe is shared more.
- Content that inspires sadness is less viral
- People share content in the hope that it will raise their social standing, generate reciprocity (i.e. to get something tangible or not in return) and simply to help others